1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are stored onto your device when you visit and use websites and online services. They are frequently used to operate websites or to optimize their operation, to provide information and to personalize advertisement. We also use other online monitoring technologies which are similar to cookies. Please take a look at the details below to learn more about it.
2. What kind of cookies does our website mercisomuch.com use and why?
Mercisomuch.com can use several types of cookies:
- Essential cookies: these cookies are needed to operate our website. They enable us
– to identify you when you log in,
– to prevent from fraud and ensure the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: these cookies are not essential but help us personalize and improve your online experience by:
– memorizing your preferences (you don’t need to enter again the information you’ve already provided when you login).
– collecting data about how internet users use our service (such as most popular pages, conversion rates, visualization habits or number of clicks).
- Advertisement cookies: they collect data relating to your visit on our website, such as the pages you look at, the way you use our service or your reaction to advertisement and emails. Therefore, we can provide you with more relevant “interest-based advertising” ads.
3. What other online monitoring technologies does mercisomuch.com use?
We use web beacons and plug-ins (e.g. HTML5, IndexedDB, WebSQL and Silverlight). Like cookies, some of these technologies can store small quantities of data on your device. We may use them for the same purpose as cookies.
4. List of cookies and other online monitoring technologies used by mercisomuch.com
- ID Session: it helps connecting to the website. It is stored during the user’s web browsing session. It cannot be refused.
- Mercisomuch.com: it helps in the good functioning of the website. It cannot be refused.
- Browser: it helps optimizing the website. It cannot be refused.
- Google Analytics: it helps in targeted advertising, tracking and optimisation of the website.
5. How can you manage cookies and other online monitoring methods?
You can choose whether to use them or not by:
- Deleting storage on your browser (via parameters or preferences). To know more about it, please click on the following links, according to your browser:
– Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/desactiver-cookies-tiers
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
– Other browser: http://ccm.net/faq/40614-how-to-enable-cookies
- Directly deactivating some of these technologies in the application (Silverlight for example)
- To deactivate the “Google Analytics” cookie, please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en